React Development Course
Do you need a quote? Want to discuss your requirements? We promise to get back to you within 1 working day.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend the React Development workshop if:
- You need to support web applications that use React.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Before you attend the React Development workshop:
- You must be able to code in HTML and CSS, and create HTML forms. If you can't write HTML code, please first attend our HTML 5 and CSS course.
Please check that you meet the prerequisites for this course before you attend. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
If you are not sure which is the right course for you, please call us. We will be happy to advise you, based on your training goals and your experience.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have completed the React workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand and create custom React components.
- Understand the concept of state and lifecycle in React.
- Be able to handle events in React.
- Implement conditional rendering of React components.
- Use lists and keys in React.
- Handle forms and form controls in React.
- Use React Router to handle routing functionality.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Introduction to React.
- Adding React to an HTML page.
- Using Create React App.
- React Basics
- Function and class components.
- The virtual DOM.
- The render() method.
- Embedding expressions in JSX.
- Custom React Components
- User-defined components.
- Creating reusable components.
- React componets as pure functions.
- React State and Lifecycle
- The React lifecycle.
- The state object.
- The ticking clock example.
- The setState() method.
- Events and Event Handling
- Event names.
- Default behaviour.
- Adding event handlers.
- Binding this in callbacks.
- Passing arguments.
- Conditional Rendering
- Simple conditional rendering.
- Using variables.
- Logical operators.
- The conditional operator.
- Returning null.
- Lists and Keys
- Creating a list.
- Creating keys.
- The scope for uniqueness.
- Passing keys as props.
- Forms and Validation
- Controlled components.
- The textarea element.
- The select element.
- Handling multiple inputs
- Controlling user input.
- Uncontrolled components.
- Extending React Components
- Lifting state.
- Reuse and inheritance.
- Navigation and Routing
- Route matchers.
- Navigation (or route changers).
- Routing example.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
This is a new course.
To get an idea of the quality you can expect, look at the testimonials for other related courses that we offer.
|Duration:||2 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Price:||R5,200.00 excluding VAT per delegate.
This price includes everything that you need:
All you have to bring to the course is the desire to learn.
Prices are valid from 1 January 2020.
|Location:||Due to COVID-19, all courses will be presented virtually.
Read more about the Incus Data Virtual Classroom
|Date:||Please check the course schedule for the next date.
You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12-666-2020 or cell/WhatsApp: (+27) 76-694-7705, or email us at email@example.com to find out about dates that suit you.
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, and an invoice.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.