Intermediate SQL Queries Course
The Intermediate SQL Queries course is for people with basic SQL knowledge who want to write more advanced queries. It focuses on subqueries, joins and set operators.
Please note that the course is not specific to any particular database system.
Need a quote? Want more information? Want to book? We promise to contact you within 1 working day.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend the Intermediate SQL Queries course if:
- You can write basic SQL queries but need to be able to extract data from multiple tables.
- You want to improve your SQL queries.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Before you attend the Intermediate SQL Queries course:
- You must have attended our SQL Fundamentals course or already be comfortable with writing basic SQL queries.
Please check that you meet the prerequisites for this course before you attend. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
If you are not sure which is the right course for you, please call us. We will be happy to advise you, based on your training goals and your experience.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have completed the Intermediate SQL Queries course, you will be able to:
- Write more advanced queries.
- Use functions in different clauses.
- Use subqueries in different clauses and statements.
- Create more advanced join conditions and queries.
- Use set operators in SQL.
- Create views and derived tables.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- SQL Fundamentals
- Entity integrity and referential integrity.
- Structure of the SELECT statement.
- Arithmetic, comparison, assignment and logical operators.
- Special SQL operators: BETWEEN, IS NULL, LIKE, IN.
- Aggregate functions: SUM, AVERAGE, MAX, MIN and COUNT.
- The GROUP BY and HAVING clauses.
- Intermediate SQL Functions
- SQL functions for string and number manipulation.
- Data functions and date arithmetic.
- Converting data types.
- The COALESCE function.
- CASE statements.
- Using functions in other clauses.
- The LIMIT clause.
- Creating sub-queries.
- The use of ALL and ANY in subqueries.
- Correlated subqueries.
- Subqueries in the FROM clause.
- Subqueries in INSERT and UPDATE statements.
- Table Joins
- Extracting data from multiple tables through table joins.
- Types of joins.
- Combining multiple tables with different joins.
- Using GROUP BY on joined tables.
- Using HAVING on joined tables.
- Set Operations
- The UNION operator.
- The INTERSECT operator.
- The EXCEPT operator.
- Additional Topics
- Derived or temporary tables.
- Creating and using views.
- Introduction to transactions.
- Commit and rollback in transactions.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
This is a new course.
To get an idea of the quality you can expect, look at the testimonials for other related courses that we offer.
|Price:||R5,500.00 excluding VAT per delegate.
This price includes everything that you need:
All you have to bring to the course is the desire to learn.
To support the economy during the pandemic, we have not increased prices in 2021.
|Duration:||2 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Location:||Due to COVID-19, all courses will be presented virtually.
Read more about the Incus Data Virtual Classroom
|Date:||Please check the course schedule for the next date.
You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12-666-2020 or cell/WhatsApp: (+27) 76-694-7705, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about dates that suit you.
How do I book?
It's easy to book: just email us at email@example.com.
You can also fill in our course enrolment form (editable PDF file) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Type in the information, and your PDF reader won't save it, just print it to PDF. Then email the completed form to us.
After we have received your booking, we will confirm that you are booked, and we'll send you an invoice.