Struts Development Course
Apache Struts 2 is a Java framework for developing enterprise web applications. This course will teach you how to use the Struts 2 tag libraries and components to develop robust Java-based web applications. You will learn how to use the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture to divide a complex system into more manageable parts.
|Duration:||3 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R8,200.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date. You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12 666 2020 or email us at email@example.com to find out about dates.|
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the Struts Development course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend the Struts 2 Development course if:
- You are a Java programmer and you need to develop robust web applications.
- You are a Java programmer and you need to support web applications developed using Struts 2.
- You are already doing JSP development, and you are interested in migrating to Struts 2.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Before you attend the Struts 2 Development course:
- You must have attended our Java Programming course or already be comfortable with the fundamentals of the Java programming language.
- You must have attended our HTML 5 and CSS course or have experience using HTML and CSS.
- You will find it useful to have a good knowledge of basic JSP. It is not essential, but it will help you to first attend our Java Servlets and JSP Programming course.
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for the Struts Development Course before you attend the course. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have completed the Struts 2 Development course, you will be able to:
- Develop web applications using the Struts 2 framework.
- Use the Struts tag libraries.
- Deploy Struts web applications.
- Integrate JavaServer Pages (JSPs) and other view techologies into a Struts application.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Servlet/JSP Overview
- Model 1 vs. Model 2 web aplication development.
- JSP, Servlets and JavaBeans integration.
- The Model 2 MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture.
- JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL).
- Unified Expression Language.
- Apache Struts 2 Overview
- The need for a framework - common tasks and architectual solutions.
- Struts 2 as an MVC action-oriented web development framework.
- Declarative architecture - XML and annotations.
- Struts 1 vs WebWork vs Struts 2.
- Struts 2 components: actions, results and interceptors.
- XWork as a generic command framework.
- Struts 2 Components
- Front controller component: FilterDispatcher.
- Model components: Actions.
- View components: Results.
- Cross-cutting concerns: Interceptors.
- Shared data per processed request: ValueStack.
- ActionContext as the context in which an Action occurs.
- ValueStack access with OGNL (Object-Graph Navigation Language).
- Declarative configuration with XML and annotations.
- Validation framework.
- Struts 2 Tags
- Data tags: property, set, push, bean, action.
- Control tags: iterator, if, elseif, else.
- Other tags: include, url, i18n, text, param.
- UI component tags: form, textfield, textarea, password, submit, checkbox, select, radio, etc.
- AJAX support.
- Internationalization and properties files.
- Using Spring with Struts.
- Using JPA/Hibernate with Struts.
- Enterprise JavaBeans, the EJB container and servlets.
- Extensibility using plugins.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
This is a new course and will be presented for the first time in 2016.
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.