Python Programming Course
Python is a popular programming language and is used by companies like Google and Facebook. It has many advantages: it is free, easy to learn, fast to learn and very versatile. This course will teach you how to read, write and understand Python scripts. You will learn good coding conventions, and be introduced to relevant resources and tools. The course will also provide an overview of object-oriented concepts in Python.
|Duration:||4.5 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R8,200.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date. You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12 666 2020 or email us at email@example.com to find out about dates.|
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the Python Programming course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend the Python Programming course if:
- You are a programmer and you want to learn the Python language.
- You are a programmer and you need to support existing Python code.
- You are a system administrator with some programming background, and you want to write Python scripts.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Before you attend the Python Programming course:
- You must already be a programmer and have experience in programming.
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for the Python Programming Course before you attend the course. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have completed the Python Programming course, you will be able to:
- Read and understand Python scripts.
- Write simple to intermediate Python scripts using core components such as variables, operators, flow control structures and functions.
- Work with lists, dictionaries and sets.
- Improve the quality of your Python code by handling errors and exceptions.
- Understand and use Python's object-oriented features.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Data Types.
- Data Types, Lists, Dictionaries and Sets
- String manipulation: string operations and string methods.
- Lists: List Notation, List Operations, Working with Lists.
- Dictionary: Dictionary Notation, Dictionary Operations.
- Sets: Constructing Sets, Set Operations.
- Python Statements
- Selection Statements.
- Iteration Statements.
- List Comprehension.
- Embedded Documentation (PyDoc).
- Regular Expressions: Patterns, Matching, Searching.
- File Handling & IO.
- Basic Debugging.
- Passing Arguments.
- Returning Values.
- Exception Handling: Raising and Catch Exceptions, Custom Exceptions.
- Basic OOP Concepts in Python.
- Custom Modules.
- OO in Python
- Static Methods and Special Methods.
- Attributes and Class Members.
- Dynamic Class Structure.
- Class Dictionaries.
- Function Overloading.
- Method Specialization.
- Namespace Conventions.
- Class Organisation & Common Patterns.
- Additional Topics
- System Library.
- Sockets and Threads.
- Fundamentals of TKinter GUIs.
- Basic Database Access.
- Portability Issues.
- Further Directions and Possibilities.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
"The course was well structured, very informative and I enjoyed it a lot. Thank you!"
L. Fouché, Nanoteq (Lecturer: Renier)
"Verdict: overall a success"
R. Goode, Development Bank of SA (Lecturer: Renier)
"Very good course / food / insructor"
S. Nienaber, Denel Dynamics (Lecturer: Renier)
"Very good presented and structure. Quality time to "play" with the code and ask questions."
E. Ebersöhn, Denel Dynamics (Lecturer: Renier)
"Very well presented. Thank you"
C. Naude, Denel Dynamics (Lecturer: Renier)
"Very good. Learned a lot. Am looking forward to using what I have learned."
B. van Ryneveld, Denel Dynamics (Lecturer: Renier)
"It was a good course. I managed to learn the fundamentals of Python and can start writing programs."
D. Klaasen, Denel Dynamics (Lecturer: Renier)
"Excellent overall experience"
B. Willemse, Denel Dynamics (Lecturer: Renier)
"Very good course, enjoyed it and have developed great interest in Python."
N. Fourie, Denel Dynamics (Lecturer: Renier)
"Die kursus was vir my baie sinvol. (Translation: The course was very meaningful for me.)"
H. Marais, Denel Dynamics (Lecturer: Renier)
"I have now seen how powerful is Python and what benefit that can use it in real work projects"
B. Al Ismaili, Nanoteq (Lecturer: Renier)
"Well organised. Thank you"
M. Al Kindi, Nanoteq (Lecturer: Renier)
"Venue is very conducive to learning"
M. Beetge, MTN (Lecturer: Renier)
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.