Project Management for IT Course
The Project Management for IT course covers project management topics, such as project planning, risk management, change management, change control and quality management. It looks specifically at IT projects, which have different risks and different problems. You will also learn about the project development lifecycle, and be introduced to different project methodologies.
|Duration:||3 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R8,200.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date. You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12 666 2020 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about dates.|
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the Project Management for IT course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend the Project Management for IT course if:
- You need to manage an IT project.
- You need to support an IT project manager.
- You are part of a project team and need to better understand how projects are managed.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Before you attend the Project Management for IT course, you should have some knowledge of IT, and have had some previous exposure to projects.
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for the Project Management for IT Course before you attend the course. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have completed the Project Management for IT course, you will be able to:
- Identify the risks and critical success factors for IT projects.
- Identify the project stakeholders and their roles.
- Understand the project lifecycle.
- Create a project plan and identify ways to effectively measure project progress.
- Create a risk management plan.
- Implement measures to manage quality.
- Create a change control plan.
- Create a communication plan.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Definition of a successful project.
- IT projects are different.
- The myths of project management.
- Project parameters.
- Critical success factors.
- Project Stakeholders
- The project sponsor.
- The project team.
- Functional management.
- The steering committee.
- The client.
- The user.
- Managing stakeholders and creating project rules.
- The Project Life Cycle
- The PMBOK processes: initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing.
- Activities and deliverables per phase.
- Project Initiation Phase.
- Project Planning Phase
- Project Execution and Control Phase
- Project Closure Phase.
- Incremental delivery.
- Project Planning
- The consequences of poor planning.
- The work breakdown structure: task identification, estimation and scheduling.
- Resource allocation and levelling.
- Measuring project performance.
- Lessons from Critical Chain.
- Risk Management
- Risk identification.
- Risk quantification and evaluation.
- Risk response development.
- Risk management plan.
- Issue management.
- Quality Management
- Code and documentation reviews.
- Software development standards.
- Version control.
- Change Control
- The change control procedure.
- The change control decision.
- Communication Management
- The communication plan.
- Project reports.
- Other Topics
- Change management in technology projects.
- Programme management.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
"Very informative and lots of interaction: I could relate now to project management and could apply the knowledge learned. All in all: excellent."
V. Mazingi, SITA (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Very good indeed, with practical examples. Jacqui showed us more hands-on experience. Excellent work."
M. March, SITA (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Jacqui is very good in what she is doing. I have learnt a lot from this course."
L. John, SITA (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"The course was an eye opener and gained a lot of information that I will use to my everyday work going forward."
T. Rolomane, SITA (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"One of the best courses I've attended. My attention was kept for the duration of the course."
Q. Groenewald, SITA (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"The lecturer is so professional and she knows her story clearly well."
N. Jumba, SITA (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Well informative / eye opener excellent."
E. Nkosi, SITA (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Excellent lecturer - very relaxing, knowledgable - never got bored! These skills can be applied to social proj mng as well - for example functions etc. I will use them for sure."
L. Grobler, Neotel (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Jacqui knows her subject extremely well and teaches with great enthusiasm and skill. I would recommend this course to anyone else interested in P.M."
G. van Zyl, Nedbank (Lecturer: Jacqui)
"Very knowledgeable lecturer, who encourages interactive participation which makes the course interesting."
G. Osborne, Nedbank (Lecturer: Jacqui)
I. Mew, EWC (Lecturer: Jacqui)
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.