PHP Development Course
PHP is a popular scripting language that runs on any web server, and is one of the fastest, easiest and cheapest ways to write web applications. This course will teach you how to develop web-based systems using PHP. You will learn the PHP syntax, how to process form data from a web page, and how to read from and write to a database.
|Duration:||4.5 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R8,200.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date. You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12 666 2020 or email us at email@example.com to find out about dates.|
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the PHP Development course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend the PHP Development course if:
- You are a programmer and you want to develop web applications.
- You are a programmer and you need to support web applications written in PHP.
- You are a web developer and you want to add more functionality to your web sites.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Before you attend the PHP Development course:
- You must have already have programming experience.
- You must have attended our HTML and CSS course or have a good knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- You will find it useful to know some SQL. It is not essential, but it will help you to first attend our SQL Fundamentals course.
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for the PHP Development Course before you attend the course. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have completed the PHP Development course, you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental concepts involved in web application development.
- Develop web applications using PHP.
- Read and debug PHP code.
- Process web form data using PHP.
- Use PHP to read from and write to a database.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Web Development Fundamentals
- History of the WWW.
- Standards - W3C, IETF.
- The HTTP protocol.
- Requests and Responses.
- GET, POST and PUT requests.
- Server Side Includes.
- Server variables.
- CGI - Common Gateway Interface.
- Mixing content with code.
- Cookies for state management.
- HTTP Server extensions.
- PHP and ASP.
- XML and XHTML.
- Web services.
- Publishing content.
- Getting Started
- PHP background.
- Supported environments.
- PHP installation and configuration.
- ISAPI, CGI and mod_perl.
- Query PHP with phpinfo().
- Special PHP tags in HTML.
- Display dynamic content.
- Passing data from client via URL or form.
- Setting, reading and deleting cookies.
- PHP's session id cookie.
- Session variables
- Language Syntax
- Modules and libraries.
- Iteration and selection statements.
- Variables and constants.
- Expressions and operators.
- Arrays and lists.
- Associative arrays.
- Regular expressions.
- Classes and Structs
- Methods and Properties.
- Databases in PHP
- Database drivers.
- Basic SQL syntax.
- MySQL examples.
- Connecting to database servers.
- Create and drop tables.
- Insert, update and delete rows.
- Selecting rows.
- Client access to database functionality.
- Presenting data.
- Extensions and Techniques
- Dynamic PDF generation.
- Database interfaces.
- Dynamic graphics.
- Session management.
- XML parsing.
- File uploads.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
"As usual, very high standard for course attended."
R. Moore, Debtech (Lecturer: Charles)
"Very happy with the course and will be testing what I learnt @ the office"
M. Kerr, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Charles)
"Charles is a very good lecturer, not only knowledgeable in PHP but also in many various stuff. I would recommend this course to my colleagues."
S. Magagula, Telkom (Lecturer: Charles)
"The lecturer has excellent knowledge on the subject and is so perfect in explaining content by making it easier to grasp. All the personnel from reception are amazing people."
N. Leduma, Vaal University of Technology (Lecturer: Charles)
"Wow! I'm impressed. Lecture so knowledgeable that he gave so much to make me think I can do anything with PHP."
P. Matjila, Telkom (Lecturer: Renier)
"Really enjoyed the course. Excellent venue and facilities."
G. Rudling, Telkom (Lecturer: Renier)
"Thank you, Renier, for your patience and for providing us much extra tools to further our knowledge and use of PHP."
M. Myburgh, CSIR (Lecturer: Renier)
"Considering the variation in the skill levels of the participants - the course was well presented. The examples given on the structure and coding strategy were particularly useful - thank you."
A. Martin, Private (Lecturer: Renier)
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.