JEE Development Course
Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) is a collection of technologies for the Java platform that is designed to support large, complex software systems in a corporate environment. This course will give you an overview of how these technologies are organised and how they fit together. You will learn how to use Java Servlets and Java Server Pages (JSP) to build dynamic web applications. You will also learn how to use Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs) to build Java systems with reusable components.
|Duration:||4.5 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R10,400.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date. You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12 666 2020 or email us at email@example.com to find out about dates.|
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the JEE Development course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend the JEE Development course if:
- You are a Java programmer and you need to develop systems using the JEE architecture.
- You are an architect, project manager or systems analyst and you need to understand the JEE architecture.
- You need a detailed overview of JEE to understand the role of the various technologies.
If you need an in-depth understanding of specific technologies within JEE, then you should think about attending one of our more specialised courses:
- Java Servlets and JSP course.
- JavaServer Faces course.
- Enterprise JavaBeans course.
- Java Web Services course.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Before you attend the JEE Development course:
- You must have attended our Java Programming course or already be comfortable with the fundamentals of the Java programming language.
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for the JEE Development Course before you attend the course. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have completed the JEE Development course, you will be able to:
- Understand the JEE architecture and choose appropriate JEE technology.
- Develop applications using the JEE platform.
- Write Java Server Pages and servlets, and deploy them on a application server.
- Write an Enterprise JavaBean and deploy it on an application server.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- JEE Technology
- Servlets and Java Server Pages (JSP).
- Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB).
- Java Transaction API (JTA) and Transaction Service (JTS).
- Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI).
- Remote Method Invocation (RMI) and RMI-IIOP.
- Java Database Connectivity (JDBC).
- Java Message Service (JMS).
- JEE Connector Architecture (JCA).
- Java Servlets and JSPs
- The role and use of servlets and JSPs.
- Servlet lifecycle.
- Request, response, cookie and session objects.
- JSP scriptlets, declarations, expressions, directives.
- Custom tags and the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL).
- MVC architecture.
- Filters and event listeners.
- Expression Language (EL).
- Web applications and deployment descriptors.
- Enterprise JavaBeans
- EJB interfaces and components.
- EJB Lifecycle.
- Stateless, stateful and singleton session beans.
- Message Driven Beans.
- Programmatic vs declarative transactions with JTA and JTS.
- Comparison between EJB2 and EJB3.
- EJB3 Entity beans and the JPA.
- Messaging with JMS
- Message driven beans and message queue (MQ) servers.
- Message types and usages.
- Point-to-point versus publish and subscribe messaging.
- JNDI, RMI and CORBA
- Referencing remote objects with JNDI.
- RMI and RMI-IIOP.
- CORBA and Java IDL.
- Additional JEE Topics
- Web Services and SOA.
- JEE core design patterns.
- Best Practices.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
"The lecturer was very informative. At the beginning of the course he said for every question there was an answer, which he delivered very well."
Y. Naicker, CSIR (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Very much pleased with every aspect of the training."
M. Mofolo, CSIR (Lecturer: Lewis)
"As this was my second course at Incus Data and having Lewis as the lecturer I maintan my comments as this is the best institution and best formed/taught institution that I have attended."
D. Ciubotara, Core Freight (Lecturer: Lewis)
"The course is definitely enlightening. Put a lot of things in perspective. I have very limited JEE experience, but after attending this course, I'm confident I'll be able to learn more on my own because of the concepts that were covered perfectly."
S. Dube, SITA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"As always - Really, really good!"
D. Human, ABSA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Very enjoyable, and I learned a lot."
R. Potgieter, Core Freight (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Highly experienced lecturer and quiet surrounding made this course enjoyable and relevant."
A. Joubert, ABSA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Very worth-while course. Well Presented. Very enjoyable. And I learned a lot."
R. Potgieter, Core Freight (Lecturer: Lewis)
"High quality information and good insight to uncommon complex issues"
K. Addison, Core Freight (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Great lecture, content. Keep it up"
G. Seema, FNB (Lecturer: Lewis)
"...a superb offering and an excellent delivery."
H. Vhengani, Discovery Health (Lecturer: Lewis)
"The lecturer is outstanding, has knowledge in the subject area and the course content."
S. Marebane, TUT (Lecturer: Lewis)
"I really enjoyed this course. Day 1 is exhausting and a lot of theoretical info, but understandably necessary. Very stimulating 5 days!"
N. Roestaff, Discovery Health (Lecturer: Lewis)
"The course is interesting and full of relevant information that can be used in the workplace. For me, it's the start of greater things. Lewis is very good and knowledgeable in this field, I / we are lucky to have a lecturer of his caliber."
L. Mogolane, SITA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"The course was not a typical run through of slides, but knowledge and skill transfer seasoned with a little bit of humour."
M. Ntabane, SITA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"I learned a LOT in this course, it was very satisfactory."
L. Lubbinge, SITA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Excellent course. All objectives met. Vast knowledge from lecturer. Thanks"
T. Fourie, Exponant (Lecturer: Lewis)
"I admire the lecturer's flexibility in the approach of the subject, his advice on best practices and real-life examples."
B.T. Msimanga, Discovery (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Nice venue, lecturer was well prepared and really knew the subject matter very well. He also did many 'side bars' that was also interesting"
B. McLachlan, Discovery (Lecturer: Lewis)
" Very enjoyable and informing. The lecturer is very knowledgeable and presents the course well. Environment is tranquil and positive for learning. Practical on the course was very beneficial "
K. Chapman, Telkom (Lecturer: Lewis)
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.