Java Servlets and JSP Programming Course
Java Servlets and Java Server Pages (JSP) are used to build web applications using Java. This course will teach you how to use JSP to develop web pages that contain dynamic content, and how to develop servlets, which are small programs that run on the web server. You will also learn how to use the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture to divide a complex system into more manageable parts.
|Duration:||4.5 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R10,400.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date. You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12 666 2020 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about dates.|
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the Java Servlets and JSP Programming course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend Java Servlets and JSP Programming course if:
- You are a Java programmer and you need to develop web applications.
- You are a Java programmer and you need to support web applications developed using JSP and servlets.
- You are already doing JEE development, and you need to know more about servlets and JSP.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Before you attend the Java Servlets and JSP Programming course:
- You must have attended our Java Programming course or already be comfortable with the fundamentals of the Java programming language.
- You must have attended our HTML 5 and CSS course or have experience using HTML and CSS.
- You will find it useful to know more about the JEE environment. It is not essential, but it will help you to first attend our JEE Architecture course.
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for the Java Servlets and JSP Programming Course before you attend the course. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have completed the Java Servlets and JSP Programming course, you will be able to:
- Develop dynamic web pages using JSP.
- Develop Java servlets to process tasks on the web server.
- Understand HTTP requests and responses.
- Integrate servlets, JSPs and JavaBeans in an MVC architecture.
- Use the Java Expression Language (EL).
- Use the JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL) and develop custom tags.
- Package and deploy web applications.
- Add security to a web application.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Web Development Overview
- Client/server architecture.
- Client-side and server-side web application development.
- Technology comparison: CGI, ColdFusion, Perl, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP.
- Web Applications
- Servlet container architecture and APIs.
- Use of servlets and JSP pages.
- Deployment descriptors.
- Format and packaging of web applications.
- Java Servlets
- Servlet lifecycle.
- HTTP request and response objects.
- Client request parameters, form data and headers.
- Server responses, headers and status codes.
- Cookie and session objects.
- Session Tracking
- Cookies and the cookie API.
- High level session tracking with HttpSession API.
- JavaServer Pages
- JSP expressions, scriptlets, declarations and directives.
- Custom tags and the JSP Standard Tag Library (JSTL).
- Unified Expression Language.
- MVC Architecture
- Overview and benefits.
- Developing and accessing JavaBeans.
- Forwarding requests.
- Accessing Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs).
- Filters and event listeners.
- JavaServer Faces (JSF) and Facelets.
- Struts, Spring MVC, Wicket.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
"The most enjoyable training I have ever had. This experience exceeded, met and far exceeded my expectations."
V. Ngobeni, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Lewis)
"The course put many things into perspective especially how Internet Banking works. I am sure it be of much use to me at the work place."
U. Matoti, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Lewis)
"The examples were well planned and provided a good understanding of the basics."
R. Bhana, ABSA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Great course and well presented. I would really advise my collegues to attend it."
L. Madubela, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Lewis)
"The course has been an eye opener for me and would certainly recomend it to my collegues."
S. Lupuwana, BHP Billiton (Hillside) (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Very interesting and added value to my knowledge of understanding technology."
P. Maunatlala, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Great course. Look forward to the next one."
B. du Preez, BMW (Lecturer: Lewis)
"The course was more than what I initially expected and I learnt so much."
S. Dlamini, ABSA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Very good course. Filled in all the gaps"
S. Brande, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Lewis)
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.