ASP.NET MVC Development Course
ASP.NET is a development framework for building web applications. MVC (Model-View-Controller) is a way to handle a complex system by dividing it into parts. This course will teach you how to develop web-based applications using the .NET framework and the C# programming language. You will learn how to use MVC to create web systems that are easier to maintain and customise.
|Duration:||4.5 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R8,200.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date. You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12 666 2020 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about dates.|
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the ASP.NET MVC Development course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend the ASP.NET MVC Development course if:
- You are a C# programmer and you want to learn to develop web applications using ASP.NET.
- You are a C# programmer and you need to support web applications that use ASP.NET.
- You have already learnt some ASP.NET, but you want to learn about MVC or close the gaps in your knowledge.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Before you attend the ASP.NET MVC Development course:
- You must have attended our HTML and CSS course or have experience using HTML and CSS.
- You must have attended our C# Programming course or be able to program in C#. You should have at least 6 months practical experience programming in C#.
- You will find it useful to know some SQL. It is not essential for this course, but it is a good idea to add our SQL Fundamentals course to your training program.
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for the ASP.NET MVC Development Course before you attend the course. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have completed the ASP.NET MVC Development course, you will be able to:
- Develop web applications using ASP.NET
- Understand how to use MVC to make your code better and easier to maintain.
- Use Razor syntax to embed server-based code in your web page.
- Create a dynamic web site that delivers content based on the user's choices.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Introduction to ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET MVC.
- The MVC Pattern.
- MVC as Applied to Web Frameworks.
- Convention and Configuration.
- Controllers and Views
- Role of Controllers.
- Controller Actions.
- Parameters in Actions.
- View Conventions.
- Strongly Typed Views.
- View Models.
- The Razor View Engine and Razor Syntax.
- Partial Views.
- Uniform Resource Locators.
- Routing verses Rewriting.
- Attribute Routes vs. Traditional Routes.
- StopRoutingHandler and IgnoreRoute.
- URL Generation.
- Route Constraints.
- Catch-All parameter.
- Code First Conventions.
- Entity Framework and Data Context.
- Database Initializers.
- Models and View Models.
- Model Binding.
- Forms and HTML Helpers
- The Action and the Method.
- HTML Helpers.
- Encoding and Binding.
- Helpers, Models and ViewData.
- Strongly Typed Helpers.
- Data Annotations and Validation
- Annotating Orders for Validation.
- Custom Validation Logic.
- Display and Edit Annotations.
- Membership, Authorization, and Security
- Using the authorize attribute to require login.
- Using authorizeattribute to require role membership.
- Extending user identity.
- Unit Testing.
- Extending MVC.
- Single Page Applications with AngularJS.
- ASP.NET MVC 5.1.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
"Am very satisfied with the outcome of the course."
A. Punnen, Denel Aviation (Lecturer: Charles)
"Well done. Very informative, educational, fun. Learnt a lot. Got a great deal of implementation queries sorted."
M. Amod, Senwes (Lecturer: Charles)
"The course was very good but I still have much to learn. The lecturer was very helpful in explaining and demonstration."
N. Mabapa, SITA (Lecturer: Charles)
"A lot of information but had a good experience. Learned a lot from Charles."
C. van den Heever, SITA (Lecturer: Charles)
"I enjoy training here at Incus. Great environs and great courses!"
J. Erlank, Paycorp (Lecturer: Charles)
"Very well presented, course modified for the whole, but help was given to individual queries and problems."
C. Diedericks, Senwes (Lecturer: Renier)
"Really enjoyed this course. Learned a lot as I did not have previous experience in this subject."
F. du Toit, Spoor & Fisher (Lecturer: Renier)
"Everything was lovely! Thank You!"
S. de Wet, 3M (Lecturer: Renier)
"Course like ASP.NET make your skills balance in a way of practical & knowledge"
M. Zwane, Capital Outsourcing Group (Lecturer: Renier)
"Ek sien uit daarna om in die toekoms weer kursusse by julle te doen. Dit was baie leersaam en het al my verwagtinge oorskry. Dankie!"
C. Fryer, Private (Lecturer: Renier)
"The course was very interesting and it brought much confidence to me."
M. Moimana, Department of Water Affairs (Lecturer: Renier)
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.