Advanced Java Programming Course
This course will take you to the next level as a Java programmer. You will learn advanced Java programming concepts, and techniques to improve your code. The course also covers some of the new features in Java.
|Duration:||4.5 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R10,400.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date. You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12 666 2020 or email us at email@example.com to find out about dates.|
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the Advanced Java Programming course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend the Advanced Java Programming course if:
- You are a Java programmer and you want to learn about the advanced aspects of the Java language.
- You are a Java programmer and you want to learn to write better Java code.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Before you attend the Advanced Java Programming course:
- You must have attended our Java Programming course or already be comfortable with the fundamentals of the Java programming language.
- You should have at least 6 months practical experience programming in Java.
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for the Advanced Java Programming Course before you attend the course. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have completed the Advanced Java Programming course, you will be able to:
- Understand advanced Java programming techniques.
- Understand the JEE architecture.
- Write code using the new Java language features.
- Develop database applications using Java technologies (JDBC and JPA).
- Develop distributed applications using the appropriate Java technology.
- Develop networked applications using sockets.
- Understand more about web services.
- Understand the Java Virtual Machine garbage collection and heap management.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Review of the Java platform.
- Overview of JEE architecture.
- Overview of garbage collection and heap management.
- Introduction to native methods - interfacing to C with JNI.
- Language Topics
- Java 1.4 assertions.
- Java 5 features - annotations, generics, enums, enhanced for loop, auto-boxing/unboxing, varargs, static imports.
- Java 7 features - binary literals, try-with-resources, multi-catch, type inference, strings in switches.
- Java 8 features - functional/SAM interfaces, default methods, functional programming, lambda expressions.
- Java Collections API
- Sets, Lists, Maps, Queues.
- Binary trees and hash tables.
- Iterator and Enumeration interfaces.
- Big O notation.
- Sorting and searching.
- JavaBeans architecture and the Reflection API.
- Canonical classes.
- JavaBean XML encoding.
- Java API for XML Binding (JAXB).
- Flat files.
- Java Database Connectivity (JDBC).
- Java Persistence API (JPA).
- Java Database Connectivity
- Client/server methodology.
- JDBC API: Driver, Connection, Statement and ResultSet interfaces.
- Driver types and loading drivers.
- Connecting to a JDBC database.
- Executing queries and extracting data.
- Distributed Systems
- Overview and introduction.
- RMI architecture vs Remote Procedure Calls (RPC).
- RMI interface definitions, stubs and skeleton classes.
- CORBA and IDL.
- Web Services.
- Web Services
- Comparison to RMI/CORBA/EJB.
- SOAP vs RESTful Web Services.
- XML and WSDL.
- XML vs JSON.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
"I really enjoyed the course. Lewis is very accommodating and willing and eager to tackle any question in great detail."
J. Nel, GEW Technologies (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Good lecturer. Knowledgeable. Flexible - adaptable (course material according to attendee requirements)."
J. van der Lit, GEW Technologies (Lecturer: Lewis)
"The lecturer was very entertaining and clearly passionate and knowledgeable about the subject matter. Thank you!"
D. Fick, GEW Technologies (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Very good lecturer, his knowledge is amazing. Very interesting material."
J. Posthuma, GEW Technologies (Lecturer: Lewis)
"I enjoyed the course very much! It was very insightful and I learned a lot!"
L. Fitchat, Airvantage Technologies (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Thank you all so much for sharing your time and knowledge with us."
D. Pretorius, Airvantage Technologies (Lecturer: Lewis)
"The course was very well structured and the instructor is knowledgeable."
T. Mathevula, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Lewis)
"The course overall was very good a mind shifter and a look into how one can better program in Java. The lecturer was very detailed and always well prepared."
L. Thale, ABSA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"I was very satisfied with the course."
K. Mtintsilana, SITA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"First time I had someone who was professional, knew the subject inside and out and able to answer all my questions! Everybody was friendly and makes you feel at home. PS. Good food!)"
R. Diedericks, Xpertek (Lecturer: Lewis)
"I really learned a lot. Things that were unclear to me were explained in detail and effectively. Thank you!"
S. Yzelle, Unisa (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Expected a full on Step by Step Tutorial but delighted by the approach where the student had to understand the concepts and encouraged to ask questions."
B. Moodley, SAAB (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Excellent course, lecturer, venue. Would recommend."
A. Chothia, ABSA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"This was an excellent course. Tied up many loose ends I had in great detail. Thank you"
L. Cloete, Momentum (Lecturer: Lewis)
"The course was excellent and the presenter always challenged us to make sure that we always try to learn more."
S. Lupuwana, BHP Billiton (Hillside) (Lecturer: Lewis)
"I personally have grown in terms of Java knowledge."
M. Hlako, Atos Origin (Lecturer: Lewis)
"My knowledge & understanding of Java has increased substantially during this course. Will definitely recommend it. Great course, Great lecturer!"
L. Chanderman, RMB (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Great course! Will come back for others."
B. Louw, RMB (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Good food, lively discussions, interesting and fun."
J. Low, ABSA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Excellent course! Learnt a lot more about Java. Exercises were very good - good way of learning!"
N. Khan, Intec (Lecturer: Lewis)
"By far the most informative course I have ever attended."
Name not specified, Intec (Lecturer: Lewis)
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.