Advanced C# Programming Course
This course will take you to the next level as a C# programmer. You will learn more advanced features of the C# programming language and the .NET framework, including threads, collections, web services, XML and security.
|Duration:||4.5 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R8,200.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date. You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12 666 2020 or email us at email@example.com to find out about dates.|
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the Advanced C# Programming course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
You should attend the Advanced C# Programming course if:
- You are a C# programmer and you want to learn about the advanced aspects of the C# language.
- You are a C# programmer and you want to learn to write better C# code.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Before you attend the Advanced C# Programming course:
- You must have attended our C# Programming course or already be comfortable with the fundamentals of the C# programming language.
- You should have at least 6 months practical experience programming in C#.
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for the Advanced C# Programming Course before you attend the course. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
After you have completed the Advanced C# Programming course, you will be able to:
- Understand advanced C# language features.
- Apply advanced object-oriented principles in your C# code.
- Apply file access and serialization concepts.
- Develop multi-threaded applications in C#.
- Use ADO.NET to develop database applications.
- Understand .NET interoperability services and security.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Review of the .NET platform and the C# language.
- Portability issues.
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Class hierarchies.
- Partial classes.
- Cross-language inheritance.
- Abstract classes.
- Sealed classes.
- Overriding System.Object Methods.
- Reference types.
- Casting & conversions.
- Collections, Structs and Enums
- .NET Collections.
- Ordered vs. unordered collections.
- Object-based classes.
- Generic collections.
- Using Structs.
- Using Enums.
- Operator Overloading
- Overloading mathematical, comparison, conversion operators.
- Overloading ToString.
- Overloading GetHashCode.
- Reflection and Attributes
- Intrinsic attributes.
- Custom attributes.
- Reflection concepts.
- Extracting type information.
- Using reflection at runtime.
- File Access and Serialization
- Manipulating files and directories.
- Readers and writers.
- Serialization I/O concepts.
- Stream objects.
- Object serialization.
- Multithreading in .NET
- Creating threads.
- Thread management.
- Thread synchronization.
- Thread interoperability.
- The Thread and ThreadPool classes.
- Delegates and Events
- Callbacks & delegates.
- Single-cast vs. multi-cast delegates.
- Delegate types.
- Usynchronous vs. asynchronous delegates.
- Custom events.
- The ADO.NET object model.
- Connected vs. disconnected access.
- Connection pooling.
- Stored procedures.
- Binding data to controls.
- LINQ and SQL.
- .NET Interoperability Services
- Interactions between managed and unmanaged code.
- Marshalling data.
- Callable wrappers.
- Interop marshalling.
- Security concepts.
- Role-Based security.
- Code Access security.
- Security policy.
- XML schemas.
- XmlReaders and XmlWriters.
- LINQ and XML.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
"Renier's knowledge of Microsoft technologies has helped me understand the fundamentals of C# in such depth that understanding the advanced concepts becomes as easy as Math.PI."
D. Khumalo, Finteq (Lecturer: Renier)
"The course was very informative and interesting. The level of depth was very detailed and wholistic"
L. Damons, Finteq (Lecturer: Renier)
"I definitely recommend this course"
E. Nel, Finteq (Lecturer: Renier)
"Well presented course in great environment."
J. Erlank, Paycorp (Lecturer: Renier)
"Best course I've ever been on ...EVER!!!"
N. Crouse, Senwes (Lecturer: Renier)
J. Meerholz, Denel Dynamics (Lecturer: Renier)
"I still have a lot to go back on and absorb. The quality of presentation and the knowledge of the lecturer are unsurpassed. I was pleased that I persevered to get on the course."
B. Pantland, ABSA (Lecturer: Renier)
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.